Are you thinking about what you want to prioritize in 2024? Let me help.
Here are some reflection prompts to get you started –
Choose what matters to you. Ask yourself, why is this a priority? How will prioritizing this change your life? What would you have achieved in 12 months if you consistently walked the path? How will the people who matter in your life experience you as you bring about the change you seek? Does it resonate with the identity you want to create? Will it take you closer to the life you want to live?
Consider what you need that you do not have currently to achieve what you want to. This will help you determine what you must address to reach your goal, e.g.,
- A leader I am working with wants to be more thoughtful in her interactions with others. She has identified that she needs to prioritize her work better to be more thoughtful.
- Another professional I am working with aspires to be a better people manager. He has identified he needs to be a better listener.
Consider what you must drop to achieve your objective. These are essentially behavior traits and habits that do not serve you currently, e.g., a new leader who wants to be a better decision-maker has figured out the need to drop being bothered about what others will think about her.
The above 3 tips will help you zero in on what you need to do to do what you want and be who you want to be. And here are 3 bonus tips to help you set yourself up for success in achieving your priorities/goals –
- Make sure what you set your eyes on is not the next shiny object everyone is running after or something that someone expects you to do. If you do not connect with the goal emotionally, you depend on the bursts of motivation that come and go to achieve your goals.
- Set a goal that is not too easy or too difficult for you. If it is not challenging enough, you will find it boring; if it is too challenging, it will dishearten you.
- Think about how you will make time for what you want to prioritize. You may need to say ‘no’ to some activities to make time, space, and energy for your new goal.
If this seems difficult or too much, the good news is that you do not have to do this alone. I invite you to a complimentary meeting to discover how I can help. You can book your slot here